Brake upgrade recommendations?

SamD

Oct 9, 2018
I have a Sequendra (converted Sequoia). I have StopTech on front and oem on back, but the brakes are still not stiff enough for me. Requires long push and lots of pressure to get some bite. Suggestions? Are there options for bigger rotors and pistons, and would that make a difference? Steel lines? Different master cylinder? I'm not mechanical so I'm looking for recommendations for making the brakes as responsive as possible. Thanks!

GreenBeast

Oct 12, 2021
I have a Sequendra (converted Sequoia). I have StopTech on front and oem on back, but the brakes are still not stiff enough for me. Requires long push and lots of pressure to get some bite. Suggestions? Are there options for bigger rotors and pistons, and would that make a difference? Steel lines? Different master cylinder? I'm not mechanical so I'm looking for recommendations for making the brakes as responsive as possible. Thanks!
I’m looking at upgrading with the TRD Big Brake Kit:

P/n:

ptr0900150​

Current price is just under $2,800 but dollars aren’t worth much anymore so who cares lol

Has anyone else installed this and dealt with the rotor template to ensure the larger wheels required work? I have aftermarket wheels but don’t understand the template and how to use it…