Brake issue

Dave CUmens

Sep 8, 2018
I have an 04, and replaced rear calipers, rotors, and pads . Drove fine but still smells hot. Are pads still hanging up? Did I not bleed them well enough? No signs of cracks in hoses, or pinched lines. Ebrake and traction control lights on, no check engine light. Should I flush with new fluid, old is not too dark.

Dan.3

Aug 27, 2018
Do your rear brakes actually feel hot? How old is your fluid? Just to verify, your check engine light does come on prior to starting your truck. If so, there could be an issue with the traction control system itself.

Dave CUmens

Sep 8, 2018
Check engine light comes on with all cars wen car is started. It goes out after system check is complete. Traction control lights only com on after driving. Brakes are very hot. As stated earlier, fluid doesn't look bad, but some is original. New fluid added wen bleeding. Did front right a couple years ago.

Dan.3

Aug 27, 2018
The check engine light also comes on to verify that the bulb is not burnt out as well. Probably an issue with that ABS module engaging the rear brakes or not releasing pressure. The fluid should be routinely flushed to prevent corrosion in the brake system.