Borla exhaust

Crashman

Sep 24, 2018
Hi I was wondering if anyone else put a Borla exhaust on and what they thought of it?
I put one on my Wife’s 2013 and I was shocked and disappointed how quiet it was, I was wondering if I removed the resonator on the back of it would sound better or too loud

BigTree

Apr 12, 2018
Grand Rapids, MI
Not much of help for ya since you've already bought the exhaust, but I couldn't find any good sounding clips of Borla when I was looking for exhaust. Spent a lot of time looking and ended up with Corsa and I couldn't be any happier. Sounds great. Removing the resonator will definitely help out. For me the louder the better, but not everyone is that way. Removing the resonator should make it louder, but not by too much.

Micah Stone

Sep 13, 2018
I installed the Borla cat back exhaust as well..it is quiet however once you lay into it, it sounds great!

My buddy installed a Corsa on his Sequoia at the same time as I did the Borla...must say sound wise his sounds higher pitched than the Borla but I prefer the depth of the Borla more.
I am curious about removing the resonator as well, if you do it, please let us know how it sounds outside and inside at crusing speed too.

Side note: also added the S&B intake it helped out as well as far as overall "engine" sound.

SkiBikeKite

Jul 20, 2018
I installed the Borla cat back exhaust as well..it is quiet however once you lay into it, it sounds great!

My buddy installed a Corsa on his Sequoia at the same time as I did the Borla...must say sound wise his sounds higher pitched than the Borla but I prefer the depth of the Borla more.
I am curious about removing the resonator as well, if you do it, please let us know how it sounds outside and inside at crusing speed too.

Side note: also added the S&B intake it helped out as well as far as overall "engine" sound.

Would love to hear some Audio if you could post it. Have your kids hang out of the rear window with a microphone while you get on it. (please do not really do that).

Bheath303

Oct 13, 2019
Colorado
I have the Borla cat back installed on my 08’ Limited. And at idle I agree it’s quite but stepping on the gas it comes alive, my buddies say it sounds like a cop car rumble. When pulling my boat over the passes here in Colorado the exhaust noise is a noticeable difference but I like it, my wife just turns up the stereo to block it out.

miannotta

Mar 16, 2020
I have the TRD Pro exhaust on my 2020 sequoia. It sounds similar to the borla based on clips I've heard. I liked the idea of it being tame unless you get on it. It has a nice throaty grumble at low RPM's but never gets obnoxious when you lay into it. If you're standing by the tailpipe it sounds fantastic.