Beginning my mod journey - 2014 Platinum

JEDEYE

Jun 22, 2020
Kansas City, MO
New surprises. Yesterday, I found out that my Sequoia has remote start. Holy Crap! I guess I'm crossing that off my list of stuff I need to do to the vehicle. That saves me a chunk of cash, and now my Sequoia is nice and cool when I get in. It's not helping my average fuel economy, but I couldn't be happier. Woohoo! I got remote start and it cost me nothing!

I've posted a new thread where I've asked everyone with a 2nd Gen Sequoia to try it out and see if theirs has it as well. I already knew it had that feature that my old 2003 4Runner Limited had where you can turn the key to start and let it go and it will keep cranking the starter until it starts. I wonder if my 2003 4Runner Limited 4WD V8 had remote start.

Ok, so a bit of history...I owned a 2000 4Runner SR5 4WD, followed by a 2007 Tundra TRD Off Road Double Cab (Salsa Red Pearl) that I traded in on a 2016 Toyota Tundra TRD Off Road Double Cab (Blazing Blue Metallic), that I sold and bought a 2003 4Runner Limited 4WD V8. I traded it in on this 2014 Sequoia Platinum 4WD, black with gray leather interior. The 2003 4Runner was the first Toyota that I knew had that feature where you don't have to hold the key in the start position to start the vehicle. You just turn it to start and then let it go and it will continue to crank until it starts. This Sequoia does it, too. This Sequoia has remote start, did the 4Runner?

JEDEYE

Jun 22, 2020
Kansas City, MO
Jam Handles still have not arrived. But floor mats arrived the very next day! Wow!

So floor mats are Husky Liners. For the front, I chose X-Act Countour mats primarily because they aren't as slippery as Weathertech, but have full coverage of the foot rest for your left foot. Interesting shadows cast by the LED light make it look a little weird in the photo, but they look really good in person. They don't actually make these for the Sequoia, but I knew they would fit because I had them in my 2016 Tundra that I sold to my brother-in-law last year. He allowed me to test fit them in my Sequoia to verify and they fit like a glove.

For the 2nd and 3rd rows, you can't order X-Act Contour floor liners, so I went with their normal floor liners. I did have to do some trimming, but it was pretty easy with a utility knife. I did make a couple of minor mistakes, so remember to not get in a hurry like I did. Take your time.
2020-08-01 19.36.16.jpg

Reactions: Jgrauman

JEDEYE

Jun 22, 2020
Kansas City, MO
On August 16th, I installed the Jamhandles. These are designed for you to be able to close the doors without touching the outside of your vehicle. Saves fingerprint smudges. Probably most important for black or other dark colors that really show the fingerprints when they are clean and shiny.

https://www.jamhandle.com/

One thing I didn't care for was that on every single one of them, the little tab that you're supposed to use to remove the wax paper from the adhesive simply didn't work. In every case, I had to score it somewhere else with a utility knife to get that backing off so I could stick them to the doors.

I went with the 2-hole units for the back doors (man, that sounds inappropriate) and the 4-hole units for the front doors. I have included photos so you can see where I chose to position them.

2020-08-16 19.51.23.jpg2020-08-16 19.52.46.jpg2020-08-16 19.52.56.jpg2020-08-16 19.58.46.jpg2020-08-16 19.58.54.jpg

JEDEYE

Jun 22, 2020
Kansas City, MO
Mods have been slow in coming for a while as my motorcycle needed some upgrades. I have not yet been blessed with unlimited cash flow.

I'm going to need some new tires soon, so I'm hopeful that I'll get new wheels at the same time.