Beginning my Mod Journey 2010 Sequoia Limited

MasterD78

Apr 26, 2020
Just ordered another mod that will be a couple weeks out. Also, received my new front suspension setup yesterday....just need to find time to get it installed.

MasterD78

Apr 26, 2020
Update: the Sequoia rack and pinion took a crap on me the other day. It's in the shop getting fixed up and then the new front suspension will be installed on July 1st. Looking forward to posting up some more pics.
61393193537__1254A04D-813D-47A7-9C45-E7A1214F2AEE.JPG

JEDEYE

Familiar Member
Jun 22, 2020
Kansas City, MO
Replaced the stock foglight with Morimoto LED Fogs. They not only add to the black out look I'm going for, but to be honest even without upgraded led lighting the output is great. But I do need to replace the stock headlight bulbs with LED's. Here is the in process look of the lights.View attachment 1844
Stock
View attachment 1845
Morimoto
View attachment 1846
Stock and Morimoto
Absolutely LOVE those headlights and the Morimoto fog lignts! I'm going to have to do this to my 2014 Platinum! Mine is also black.

Reactions: MasterD78

JEDEYE

Familiar Member
Jun 22, 2020
Kansas City, MO
Alrighty, I have an update. First of all, the sliders are installed and look dang sexy! Secondly, I finally have my grille back on again. Lastly, I just ordered a different suspension setup for the front of the Sequoia. I figure it'll do two things, first of all it should help mellow the ride a little up front, and secondly it will give me some adjustability so that I can level the truck out. I don't like the "squat" look in the rear. More on that upgrade once it arrives and I do the swap. But here's what y'all want to see....the pics!
View attachment 1871View attachment 1872
View attachment 1873
View attachment 1874
Let me know your thoughts, and also I'd love input in terms of a rooftop rack. I know about the Gobi, and it looks nice but the wait time is crazy.
OMG! I LOVE what you did with the grille! I've got to do this, too!

MasterD78

Apr 26, 2020
Update! Removed the stock front skid and replaced it with the RCI skid. This thing is stout and definitely an upgrade from the stock thin piece. Easy bolt on, and it just looks nice! Also....upgraded something else that you can see in one of the photos. I’ll share more pics of that upgrade tomorrow. .
59209606-F4D2-4633-A56A-BB117D1EAFCD.jpegs
Stock Skid
222CE298-6084-417E-9C35-C060E987515C.jpeg
RCI Skid
9674680D-D46B-48D7-8CC7-CCE496F17088.jpeg
RCI Skid 2

Reactions: JEDEYE and Jgrauman

MasterD78

Apr 26, 2020
Here are some pics of the upgraded goodies up front that I mentioned in my last post. These have made the ride insanely nice, and they just suck up anything thrown at them. I probably will eventually replace the rears with them too, just need to save some $$$.

Attachments

• IMG_7818.JPG
    IMG_7818.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_7819.JPG
    IMG_7819.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_7820.JPG
    IMG_7820.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_7821.JPG
    IMG_7821.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 48

JEDEYE

Familiar Member
Jun 22, 2020
Kansas City, MO
Thought I'd share a bit about my latest adventure. We have owned the Sequoia since new, and have loved every minute of it. It was my wife's daily for all of 9 years, until last year we bought her a 2019 Volvo XC90. Still fits the family, but smaller for her to drive everyday. The Sequoia has been chillin' in the garage and we use it for longer trips but that was about it. I was going to purchase a 1973 BMW 2002 as a "fun car" but decided that it would be a pain to store in the winter and wouldn't get used that often.

So my plan was hatched. Start modding the Sequoia for ME! Currently I have paint on the way to black out the grill, black mirror caps, door handles, etc. to give it the blacked out look. I am in the process of deciding on a lift for it and want to run 35's.

I'm attaching a pic of the first mod I've done! I decided to go with these headlights, because they were inexpensive and honestly I didn't mind the look of the stock lights. Just didn't want all the chrome.
View attachment 1831
STOCK
View attachment 1832
Headlight Depot Blacked Out Stock Lights
It appears that you have the headlight washers. Did they connect to these headlight housings easily, or did you have to do a lot of work? I think this is the next mod I want to do, before even doing the mirror caps, door handles and rear license plate bracket.

MasterD78

Apr 26, 2020
The headlights were a direct replacement with no troubles. I love the look, and the price is nice too. Once you get them post up pics!

Reactions: JEDEYE

4WDPickles

Jul 11, 2020
Oh, I like that RCI skid. It has a removable cover to access the oil filter...I did two oil changes since the 2 year mark of the Toyota service plan expired. I did one without a lift which required jack stands and one with my 3/2 level which was easy to slide under to access everything. But that OEM skid sucks because you have to remove the dang thing to get at the filter.

MasterD78

Apr 26, 2020
Oh, I like that RCI skid. It has a removable cover to access the oil filter...I did two oil changes since the 2 year mark of the Toyota service plan expired. I did one without a lift which required jack stands and one with my 3/2 level which was easy to slide under to access everything. But that OEM skid sucks because you have to remove the dang thing to get at the filter.
Yes, and it is much more stout. Taking the stock one off isn't that big of a pain, it's just unnecessary time and labor.

Dandelion045

Dec 11, 2020
Replaced the stock foglight with Morimoto LED Fogs. They not only add to the black out look I'm going for, but to be honest even without upgraded led lighting the output is great. But I do need to replace the stock headlight bulbs with LED's. Here is the in process look of the lights.View attachment 1844
Stock
View attachment 1845
Morimoto
View attachment 1846
Stock and Morimoto
I’m gonna check out Morimoto...do you like them still?

RixTRDSport

Mar 19, 2021
Looks much better with the new tires! 2019 GLI, nice! I had a 2017 GLI and it was a fun car. I didn't enjoy it as much as the car I got rid of to get it though. I had an '08 BMW M3 before that. But we traded in the GLI for a Crosstrek that my oldest will soon inherit as his own. Almost has his license, and we didn't want him to have a turbo'd car as a first vehicle. I'll attach a pic of the Crosstrek, because....well it's not stock either. LOL!

I'm not typically an all "blackout" look person, but the sequoia just looks so good all blacked out. I have a new grill coming tomorrow. I was in the middle of painting my stock grill black, and the damn spray can broke and spilled paint all over the center grille section. I just didn't have it in my to go back to sanding and prepping to start over. So I'm going to have a black surround and the dark grey middle grille for now. Maybe I'll paint the center section at a later time. As for what's going on right now...she's at the shop as I write this getting my sliders installed. I'll be posting pictures once it's done. I'm pretty excited to see it all put together.
On a side note, I am looking into possibly having a custom rooftop carrier made. I want something lower profile, that allows the sunroof to be used. I do love the gobi racks, but the long wait time is crazy. If anyone has other suggestions as far as rooftop carriers go, I'd love to hear them.

View attachment 1861
XVs are such stealth lil billy goats, they aren't fast but they can do and go nearly anywhere! I told my daughters thats one of the cars I will consider getting for them in a few years when they can drive.