Advice needed for best tires

Wendy W.

Jul 26, 2018
Hi, All,

I’ve been towing a 3500 lb. camper for over 50K miles, and I need a full set of new tires. I bought my 2007 Sequoia to tow the camper, and I’m learning I want stout off-road very reliable tires next. I travel between stops on road, but I like to boondock in forests and deserts for a week, usually. My Coopers haven’t been horrible, but I want something stronger.

I’m here because I know almost nothing about cars, and my go-to guy has died. Money is of little concern. What should I buy?

Thanks!
Wendy W.

Whocares

Recognized Member
Mar 28, 2018
I've been running BFGoodrich Ko and Ko2s (their 1st and 2nd generation all terrain tires) The original ko tires have performed flawlessly for me in rain, snow, and sleet and I expect the ko2s to perform just as well.

Reactions: desertrunner04

Trideyota

Recognized Member
Dec 31, 2017
Telluride, CO
I would have agree with whocares on the BFG At KO2. Living in the Rockies these tires perform flawless no matter rain, snow and ice. They also do well on the highway. This is the only tire I will run on my vehicles!!

McConnell-Hand

Feb 23, 2017
Land of entrapment. Albuquerque NM
I think the BFG ko's are also some of the best tires you can get for a stout, well balanced, well backed tire. they seem to be the most popular. I personally am running Cooper Discover AT3 all terrains and have nothing but impressed. they go where i point them and they have held up better than a lot of other tires through mud, snow, sand, you name it. Also the Falken wildpeak AT3. I have multiple people who now swear by these tires over the BFG.
Just my two cents. If you have a lot of highway driving mixed with off road, don't fall under the idea of needing an aggressive mud terrain tire. They wear prematurely on the roads most of the time. A good all terrain tire will usually get you where you need and want to go.