1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A tree without a name build thread and hello

Discussion in '2Gen Sequoia Build Threads' started by lutsie87, Mar 28, 2017.

1. lutsie87

lutsie87 New Member

I have my 2015 sequoia that I acquired about 3 weeks ago and I am really enjoying it. So much so I have committed the large investment and up upgraded the wheels and tires while the old ones were in perfect condition.... I think I started a build

First day home
    [​IMG]

How she sits currently
    [​IMG]

Interior

Maxpider all weather mats
    All 3 rows. Very happy with them. Like them more than the weather techs I had in my xterra.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tundra TRD shifter knob
    [​IMG]

Added p3 controller for my move to Texas that happened about a month ago(July).
    [​IMG]

Exterior

Tundra trd rims with Nitto terra grappler g2 285/75r18 (34.8x11.2 inches)

Hopefully more to come soon...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  2. Jim Smola

Jim Smola Administrator Staff Member Founding Member

Welcome and it's great to have our first second gen Tree. I also have a tree with no name.

3. lutsie87

lutsie87 New Member

Thank you Jim. The first, I feel special. Hopefully I can do the forum proud. I will tell the wife I must build for the forum!

jwaring66 and Jim Smola like this.
  4. Jim Smola

Jim Smola Administrator Staff Member Founding Member

Sounds reasonable :)

5. McConnell-Hand

McConnell-Hand New Member

I like it and welcome. I think "but babe its for the forum guys" works great.

Jim Smola likes this.
  6. Because_Racecar

Because_Racecar New Member

Any updates?

7. lutsie87

lutsie87 New Member

Hi racecare,

I have only added a trd shift knob. I've been pretty busy, in the midst of moving to Texas from California. Hoping to get the suspension started and completed by the end of the year.

[​IMG]

Thanks for checking in. And I will definitely keep everyone updated on the suspension. Doing a lot a research and making calls.

Jim Smola likes this.
  8. magcargo005

magcargo005 New Member

Looking great! :)

9. lutsie87

lutsie87 New Member

Put the beast to work last month when I moved from California to Texas. Little over 1300 miles in 2 days.

Added p3 controller for towing an 18foot trailer with 2 motorcycles and a trike(buried in there somewhere).

Truck handled it great. suspension not so much (really bad squatting). Thought it might have been loaded a little weird but my recent trip to the east coast with just the trunk filled and noticeable squatting confirms it needs stiffer springs which equates to all new suspension.... of your going to do it do it right.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. 2GSequoia

2GSequoia New Member

Hello, I’m new to the forum and I just picked up a 2013 SR5. I’m wondering if you had to do anything in order to fit the 285/75R18 tires. I love the build by the way! Thanks in advance.
    -Chad

11. lutsie87

lutsie87 New Member

Hi chad,

I only had to bend( slightly) the stock skid because the tread blocks caught at full lock. But, do note I switch from stock to tundra trd rims which changed my back spacing 30mm.

Glad you like the build. I will be collecting suspension parts soon, so stay tuned.

-Ryan

2GSequoia likes this.