8 inch subwoofer install

Tower Hill

Sep 12, 2017
Hello all!
I have a 2005 SR5. I have replaced the stock stereo with a double din JVC. Removed the stock Amp and door speakers. I put in rockford fosgate 6.75 door speakers front and rear.
Sounds great ! It was a wiring challenge to do it.
I have an old pioneer 4 channel Amp and a JL audio 8" sub I would to install next for better bottom end.
Any creative ideas to put the 8" speaker. Maybe in the rear side panels or under a seat . Want to keep it concealed if possible.
Thanks !
Adam

Andrewr05

Oct 14, 2022
New Hampshire, USA
I have an 8" Kenwood down firing sub that I had in my Subaru (selling it soon) that I'd love to put in my Sequoia too.

But I haven't had the time to hire out the Sequoia and see where it would fit best.

Good luck and I hope to see some interesting mounting ideas as well as I will provide any ideas I come up with too.

Tower Hill

Sep 12, 2017
I have an 8" Kenwood down firing sub that I had in my Subaru (selling it soon) that I'd love to put in my Sequoia too.

But I haven't had the time to hire out the Sequoia and see where it would fit best.

Good luck and I hope to see some interesting mounting ideas as well as I will provide any ideas I come up with too.
Dude thats funny , I had my old sub and amp in my Subaru outback also. I pulled it out when I sold it.

Reactions: Andrewr05

defecation

May 4, 2023
Hello all!
I have a 2005 SR5. I have replaced the stock stereo with a double din JVC. Removed the stock Amp and door speakers. I put in rockford fosgate 6.75 door speakers front and rear.
Sounds great ! It was a wiring challenge to do it.
I have an old pioneer 4 channel Amp and a JL audio 8" sub I would to install next for better bottom end.
Any creative ideas to put the 8" speaker. Maybe in the rear side panels or under a seat . Want to keep it concealed if possible.
Thanks !
Adam
If I were installing just an 8", I'd probably try to install it in the storage location at the drivers rear. I do believe you can buy aftermarket boxes to fit in there or replacing the whole panel