Unanswered 4wd problem

iggi21

Nov 25, 2018
Poland
Vehicle Drivetrain
4wd
Vehicle Year
Hello guys. I am from Poland and have a 2006 Sequoia limited 4wd.
I just had a rear actuator problem because after the winter water got in and the motor got stuck. I bought a new actuator from Amazon Dorman 700-470.
Before I put the new one the four-wheel drive light was Blinking and then wouldn't engage 4hi or 4lo an all.
After I have changed the new actuator I have a new problem. When I push 4 high the light is flashing and nothing is happening but when I push the bottom for center diff lock four-wheel drive is engaging but also with center lock. To disconnect i only have to push four wheel drive button again and then is quickly disconnecting as is supposed to. problem is that it's only engaging when on Drive nor on Neutral or Parking.
This is not a big deal but I think is supposed to engage also when on N.
Another big problem is when I try to push 4Hi. Yellow light is flashing and I hear like the motor is trying to engage I move back and forward and after a while I hear a horrible sound coming from underneath the car. Is a very loud and crazy noise. I don't know what could be an issue but maybe someone head similar problem.

Chrisgeorge54

Oct 31, 2019
I think the truck is supposed to be in drive going any speed under 62 mph to engage 4hi, and should be stopped, in neutral to shift from 4hi to 4lo. As for the grinding sound, if it’s happening when your driving and pushing the 4x4 button, then I would take it to a mechanic, it could be a couple things causing that sound and I would just have a professional look at it