4.7L Underdrive Pullies

Steve

Dec 28, 2016
Has anyone used or know were to find a 4.7L Underdrive pulley kit? I've tried a couple companies but they have discontinued them.

Steve

Dec 28, 2016
Are you thinking performance upgrade or factory replacement?
They are designed for a performance upgrade. They are a smaller diameter pully for the alternator, power steering, and crank to reduce drag. I can find factory pullies all over.

paulstoute

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 28, 2016
Portland, OR
stoutewebsolutions.com
They are designed for a performance upgrade. They are a smaller diameter pully for the alternator, power steering, and crank to reduce drag. I can find factory pullies all over.

Looks like the places I'd normally go to find parts, state that the company that manufactured them has discontinued them in favor of making them for the 5.7l. Looks like we'll have to start another group buy/push to get more made for our rigs, like we did with the bumpers.

Steve

Dec 28, 2016
That's awesome. Thanks. They are one of the two companies I emailed about them. With any luck they will have a pile of kits laying in the back room.

Jim Smola

Staff member
Founding Member
Dec 28, 2016
Inman SC
That's awesome. Thanks. They are one of the two companies I emailed about them. With any luck they will have a pile of kits laying in the back room.
I used to have one of these in a track car and it worked well. My only concern for the 4.7 would be the decreased output of the power steering which I can't afford to loose offroad.

Reactions: paulstoute

Steve

Dec 28, 2016
That is very true. All the reports I have read had concerns with the alternator but I am 80% LED so that isn't much of a concern for me. May have to experiment if we can ever find them. Would it be worthy to start a thread on electric fan conversion? I am interested in doing it but not sure.

paulstoute

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 28, 2016
Portland, OR
stoutewebsolutions.com
That is very true. All the reports I have read had concerns with the alternator but I am 80% LED so that isn't much of a concern for me. May have to experiment if we can ever find them. Would it be worthy to start a thread on electric fan conversion? I am interested in doing it but not sure.

Start a thread for sure. If nothing else it'll give folks a place to come to for more information.

Reactions: Steve

Jim Smola

Staff member
Founding Member
Dec 28, 2016
Inman SC
Yes I would start a thread. I did an electric fan conversion on a Dakota once and enjoyed it. As for our alternator, it is already a higher output then the 4.7 Tundra

paulstoute

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 28, 2016
Portland, OR
stoutewebsolutions.com

Just received word back that they'd be willing to do a small run but that would require a minimum order of 20 kits @ $130 each. So if we can rally some orders, they'll make them.

Jim Smola

Staff member
Founding Member
Dec 28, 2016
Inman SC
I may be interested in one of these. I'll be honest that I will be putting it on my Tundra though. Not going to mess around with it with the supercharger on the Sequoia. Don't really want to go through finding the correct belt. Speaking of belts, a shorter one will need to be figured out for this to work.

paulstoute

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 28, 2016
Portland, OR
stoutewebsolutions.com
I may be interested in one of these. I'll be honest that I will be putting it on my Tundra though. Not going to mess around with it with the supercharger on the Sequoia. Don't really want to go through finding the correct belt. Speaking of belts, a shorter one will need to be figured out for this to work.

Yeah I'm not 100% sure if the $130 includes the new belt or not... I'd be surprised if it did.