2nd row right seat latch problem

ozimmerman

May 14, 2018
Hi, just bought a 2006 Sequoia with the split bench in the second row. I folded the right seat forward to access the third row and when folded back, it does not lock in place. The latch appears to stay open. I took a screwdriver and pried the latch down and then pushed it back, but no luck. Any thoughts?
Thanks

Ethan

Jan 13, 2017
North Carolina
Hi, just bought a 2006 Sequoia with the split bench in the second row. I folded the right seat forward to access the third row and when folded back, it does not lock in place. The latch appears to stay open. I took a screwdriver and pried the latch down and then pushed it back, but no luck. Any thoughts?
Thanks

Hi, I had a similar issue with my back row right seat. Something broke inside the seat and it was sitting about an inch and a half in front of the place where the latch catches. I had to set the seat down then pull up from the front of the seat and push it back while pressure was being applied to the rear of the seat to get it to fully latch back in. If the seat is in the upright position like you could sit in it, look behind and see if the latch is sitting in front of the catch for it. If it is then you should be able to fix it the same way. We might have different seat issues but thought I would throw it out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ozimmerman

May 14, 2018
Thanks for the info. It seems to be lined up properly, but I will mess with it some in case it is slightly off. I have used a screwdriver to close the latch then dropped the seat and the latch sounds like it is hitting right on the bar. I plan to look at the left side latches when I get a chance to see what a functioning latch looks like. I suspect there is a malfunctioning spring in the mechanism or something.

bakercito

Oct 5, 2018
Had the same problem and couldn't figure it out. I went to the junkyard and found a used, replacement seat that matched my tan interior. Took me 15 minutes to put in.