1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 Platinum "Build"

Discussion in '2Gen Sequoia Build Threads' started by SkiBikeKite, Jul 26, 2018.

1. SkiBikeKite

SkiBikeKite New Member

I replaced my 2008 Sequia Platinum with a 2018. It took a couple of months to get one in the color I wanted, but here it is. It comes with lots of chrome and some ugly fake wood on the interior.

I will post my "build" progresss here. I put the build in quotes, because I wont be doing anything too crazy. First step is the chrome delete. I already pealed off massive chrome accents off the doors.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    mulze42 likes this.
  2. Dustin Adams

Dustin Adams New Member

Man that is beautiful! That color is awesome. How does it drive compared to your 08? Steering, suspension, etc.. just curious if they feel the same or not. Looks great man!

3. SkiBikeKite

SkiBikeKite New Member

Thanks, If my memory is correct, it drives a little smoother and stiffer than my 2008 did when we first got it, and definitely better than the ‘08 with 180k miles on it.

4. 18TRDSport

18TRDSport New Member

Beautiful Truck.

I traded in a 2011 Platinum for a 2018 TRD Sport and man, I love the truck. I’ve got about 10000 miles on it and my mileage is way, way better than the 2011.

I hope your treats you the same.

5. SkiBikeKite

SkiBikeKite New Member

Mods made so far:
    Tint front windows
    Rims XD775 Rockstar Matte Black - painted the chrome center star black
    Bed liner Black out all Chrome (rear gate trim and Toyota Logo, door handles, side view mirrors, upper grill and logo, lower grill and lower fog light bezels, roof rack
    Rustoleom paint the rear hatch latch and bumper bolts (these are rusted on my 2008)
    Front and Rear dash cam installed
    WeatherTech mats
    Removed chrome accents on doors and "Platinum" logos
    Pro-fit Cellphone mount
    Fresh Water washdown system in that space near where the jack lives Version 1. (it works, but its ugly. I will post details when I finish ver2.0).

Attached Files: