1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 Sequoia Platinum Build

Discussion in '2Gen Sequoia Build Threads' started by Greg Smorstad, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Greg Smorstad

Greg Smorstad New Member

I have a 2012 Sequoia - Platinum

IMG_2684.JPG

It came from the factory with airbag/electronic adjustable suspension which I wanted to keep because it does a pretty boss job of pulling our 26' travel trailer but still wanted to beef it up a bit..

IMG_2690.JPG

IMG_2691.JPG

I was able to find a 2" leveling kit from Revtek that worked with the stock suspension.
    Toyo Open Country tires (33x11.5)
    Method 305 wheels (18x9)

IMG_2686.JPG
    On the roof I have 78" Yakima round bars with the following attachments
    54" wind fairing
    Boatloader
    Keelover
    This lets me get either 2 canoes or a canoe and a skybox 21 on the roof at the same time.

IMG_2688.JPG

IMG_2689.JPG
    That's it for now...

Sal R. likes this.
  2. McConnell-Hand

McConnell-Hand New Member

I like the subtle lift and tires. Very nice ride. Have you thought of pulling the steps on it?

3. Greg Smorstad

Greg Smorstad New Member

Have def given it a thought.. still have small kids who use em though.. you like yours being off?

4. Shouldbescout

Shouldbescout New Member

I found out that when I sleep in mine while on fishing trips, I can just open the passenger door, put my heels on the step and pee. No shoes required!

5. Shouldbescout

Shouldbescout New Member

Anyone remove that stupid back fairing? I like to lean my 12' aluminum boat against the back and lever it up on top. I may rhino/linex the darn thing.

6. SkiBikeKite

SkiBikeKite New Member

Very nice work. Thanks for sharing.