2006 Sequoia SR5 AHC Issues

10kmistake

Apr 13, 2017
Forgive me if covered elsewhere...........

Recently I developed an issue that happens once a week or so in a totally random fashion. The rear air bags will not air up. When switched to manual, the indicator reflects low but you can not manually air up. When in the automatic setting it reads normal. Vehicle will sit for a day or so and start working again. Anyone else had this issue? If already covered can you point me in the right direction?

Also, the relay under the hood will not come out. Is there a tool needed to remove these? The odd thing is that when I was attempting to remove the relay and wiggled it a bit, the compressor kicked on and started airing up and then stopped again.

When it airs up it has no issues for a week or longer which makes me thinks the bags are good.

At a loss of which direction to go, any help is appreciated.

AdvancedSR5

Aug 6, 2017
Did you ever figure out the issue with this? Mine is officially doing exactly this. I swapped out my relay to the headlights and it seemed to be working fine. So it's gotta be something else.

AdvancedSR5

Aug 6, 2017
Today I took a screwdriver and jumped the relay to turn it on and the pump came on. I let it run for about 5 min and the bags never filled up. Seemed weird.

10kmistake

Apr 13, 2017
Mine was a control valve . It is separate from the compressor. The valve was stuck in the open position. Control valve replaced and have had no further issues. The part was a little difficult to source, took about 10 days to get it in through a dealer. Just completed a 2200 miles trip with it and no further issues. I will try to find the documents that has the part number on it. I used a local shop for the repair as I was pressed for time (with the trip coming up) total bill was $656.

AdvancedSR5

Aug 6, 2017
Holy cow!!! Yeah any help would be awesome. Not to good with this forum stuff but if it's easier I can give you my face boom or cell if I wanna just snap a pic of it and send it? Electrically mine is doing the same thing as yours. Only difference is I forced my pump to come on and it still didn't inflate the bags. I have a small leak somewhere so the pump comes on once or twice a day.l depending on the way I park it or the load. I towed with it 2 days ago and then this happened.

10kmistake

Apr 13, 2017
If the control valve is stuck in the open position as mine was, you can force the compressor to come on, it will run through the normal cycle but since the valve is in the open position, the air will evacuate back out and not air up the bags. For mine, the Suspension Control Valve (Part# 4809634010) and the Hose (Part# 4898234010) were replaced to correct the problem. These parts were a fit for my 2006 Toyota Sequoia SR5. Hope this helps! A quick net search shows the average price of the Control Valve around $200 and the hose averages around $30 (without shipping).

George

Nov 8, 2019
Anyone have any luck on a 05 Sequoia changing the rear air bag suspension to coils? Cant seem to find a conversion kit anywhere.