Answered 2002 Sequoia Power Antenna Access

whippin

Jan 26, 2020
Vehicle Drivetrain
4wd
Vehicle Year
The motor on my 2002 Sequoia power antennae fails to work, I would like to access the motor of the antennae to take it out and replace it with a stationary whip antenna. The issue I am facing is how to access the motor itself. I do not like the idea of taking off the console due to the proximity of the airbag sensors. Is it a known fix to go up through the wheel well, or do I need to pull the quarter panel off? Or heck, could I even go through the glovebox?

Thanks,
Samuel

Last edited:

Sequoiatn

Feb 12, 2020
You go through the wheel well to get to the motor and many times you can take apart and take old piece out and then feed a new one in. Most replace whole thing to the dash with part from a tundra that isn’t a power antenna. If you want to do it al from that side, you’ll need kit to spice antenna wire that people use when the Radio end connection breaks

Jgrauman

Feb 18, 2019
Not sure on this one. I have done it on a 2nd and 3rd Gen 4runner through the wheel well. I don't have a power antenna on my limited. It's a windshield antenna

TSawyer605

Oct 31, 2020
The motor on my 2002 Sequoia power antennae fails to work, I would like to access the motor of the antennae to take it out and replace it with a stationary whip antenna. The issue I am facing is how to access the motor itself. I do not like the idea of taking off the console due to the proximity of the airbag sensors. Is it a known fix to go up through the wheel well, or do I need to pull the quarter panel off? Or heck, could I even go through the glovebox?

Thanks,
Samuel
Not sure if this was already answered, but you can access the antenna motor by detaching the rear half of the wheel well liner which allows you to reach up inside the front fender..