2002 Limited 4WD

irish44j

Sep 3, 2017
Personal note: Having these lights shine on my hood just reinforced the notion of staying away from roof-mounted light bars/pods. Even with just these pods, the light off the hood was annoying.

Been following this thread for some time stealing your excellent ideas (well, a few of them at least). Anyhow, was re-reading it tonight and noticed this statement. The workaround here is to mount any roof light bars further back. I tested mine in various positions until I got it to a spot where the front ledge of the roof itself created a "shadow" keeping any light from shining on the hood (while still passing closely above it to get the road close-in.

Anyhow, just figured I'd throw it out there.

Chet

Oct 2, 2018
I've begun my own smaller 2002 Sequoia Limited 4x4 build as well. This thread is INSPIRATION! I'm trying to stay more or less OEM+ as much as possible. I still travel to see family about 4hrs up the highway so I can't get tooooo crazy.

Cheers and awesome build thread man!

alonsoperez91

Nov 5, 2019
Thanks for this thread! Very inspiring. Just purchased an 03 Limited from a second owner with a family in NY. Will need some work and I’m looking forward to posting my updates here. First thing on the list is to get Toyota to redo the airbag, patch up a muffler leak, repaint the hood and then redo the front lights

Reactions: tekem

Kenyi

Dec 8, 2018
Thanks Sal R. For taking your time and share your work on the Sequoia it's excellent information.

syncro

Jul 13, 2020
Mounting shouldn't be different since the WL calipers are compatible with the smaller WEs.
Differences lie in the actual caliper casting.
Phew! Just got through this thread. I'm now inspired but don't know where to start with my tree -- though I do need brakes soon. Thanks for sharing such detailed info, Sal. BTW, know any good spam burrito recipes?

Boba Fett

Jul 4, 2019
HI Sal Awesome build very much appreciated!!! I was just wondering about your Firestone Coil-Rite Airbag Kit 4124 ?? just wondering why you went this route and benefits from doing it?? I have an 05 with AHC which I am getting ready to swap out for coil overs but was wondering if I should install something like this in addition to the coilovers ?? thanks for all the great mods !!

APart11

Jun 22, 2023
Sal,
Your Sequoia looks great and the spec list is impressive. I have an '05 Gen 1 (4x4) and an '08 Gen 2. My Gen 1 has some minor mods but mainly runs as a family truckster still.

I need to replace the rear axle housing and rear diff. Do you happen to know if I can use a 4.10 rear end from an '07 donor 4x2, with some kind of alternate flange that is slightly different between the 4x2 and the 4x4? I found a decent-looking replacement but it's from a 4x2 and I am not sure whether it would be a good buy or a horrible mistake to buy it.

Thanks for any feedback you may have for me.

~Drew