2002 4wd loss of battery power when foot is off gas

Auo

Nov 5, 2022
I have replaced the alternator, the starter, and the spark plugs along with the pcv valve, the valve cover gasket and a couple cracked hoses. Nothing has fixed the problem. It showed up originally as the alternator when tested at autozone. But the battery still drains to the point of stalling if I go to break at stop sign and let my foot off the gas.

Enormis

Jun 9, 2024
Aftermarket alternators suck, so that has me suspect too. A bad battery is a definite possibility. The battery has to be charged to 12.8 volts to even load test it. But if it’s over 4 years old replace it. The alternator needs to see battery voltage to even switch itself on. I was in the battery business and part store batteries and Walmart batteries are junk. There’s a company named Deka battery that makes calcium Contruction flooded lead acid batterie that don’t corrode cables. Batteries plus Carrie’s them under the Duracell name. Great battery! They are a group size 27F
That’s my guess. If you can check voltage while running across the terminals you will have somewhere around 14.4 ish and no battery light. If the battery light is on the alternator is dead. If not it’s the battery!