1stgenoffroad

Aug 21, 2017
www.1stgenoffroad.com
Making me nervous about my install. After placing on jack stands should I leave floor jack up on one side as double safety? Or is it safer to use double jack stands on one side at a time? Or are jack stands meant to be used one on Easter h side. Really excited about the install but want to be safe as possible

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
Maybe it's not obvious in the videos. I always use jack stands, but I usually leave the jack in place for added support and safety.

1stgenoffroad

Aug 21, 2017
www.1stgenoffroad.com
Hey Josh, I am also Josh, lol. I wondered if you had any issues with the wire nuts. I realize they are waterproof however, those are more used for electrical that is in sealed off boxes for areas with high condensation. I'm an industrial automation and controls electrician and we use those wire nuts in fish factories where there's a lot of humidity and condensation in the air. I just wondered why you didn't solder the connections and heat shrink over them. Right now as your rig sits, I imagine that if you did any real deep water crossing, you would risk shorting out your lights because those nuts aren't designed to be completely submerged in water.

By no means am I dogging on you. I love your build and I look forward to seeing more. That was just a thought that I had.
Not one single problem from the lights. They are the brightest lights I've ever seen and I"ve had zero issues. Doubt I'll ever do a deep water crossing. The snorkel was for cleaner air as my original air intake was totally exposed. But if I ever do a deep water crossing, lights go off.