Lucky13don

Jul 4, 2017
I think you just helped me decide to keep my 04 and upgrade it. need to do shocks asap. gotta get the ot at work..then hit up your website. thanks brother

Reactions: 1stgenoffroad

Adam Wilhelm

May 23, 2018
Awesome man! These are great trucks. I love mine. I have 3 new videos going now, just need to edit and post.
Love the videos! I got a 04 last year, and I'm itching to follow suit on some of the things you've done. Just gotta have the budget, and get the ol lady to not kill me!

dstgean

Dec 1, 2017
You could probably get some 1.25" wheel spacers and a strut spacer for $100ish and add some 285 70 17's to you stock rims if you needed some new tires. I ended up spending less on Toyo Open Country ATII's than my wife's Yokohama's on her Expedition.

1stgenoffroad

Aug 21, 2017
www.1stgenoffroad.com
You could probably get some 1.25" wheel spacers and a strut spacer for $100ish and add some 285 70 17's to you stock rims if you needed some new tires. I ended up spending less on Toyo Open Country ATII's than my wife's Yokohama's on her Expedition.
I wouldn’t put a brute force fab bumper on a spacer and OEM springs.

Reactions: dstgean

mulze42

Known Member
Oct 10, 2017
So with all the electrical upgrades what are you doing for battery management?

mulze42

Known Member
Oct 10, 2017
Interesting. Right now my plan is a deep cycle 27F from batteries plus and then a solar panel and controller. I think unless you truly want isolation that the performance of the battery should be more than enough and a weight savings.

What about a roof rack?

1stgenoffroad

Aug 21, 2017
www.1stgenoffroad.com
Interesting. Right now my plan is a deep cycle 27F from batteries plus and then a solar panel and controller. I think unless you truly want isolation that the performance of the battery should be more than enough and a weight savings.

What about a roof rack?
Not too concerned about weight. My plan is to also be able to run batter chargers for my tools and aux lights through the inverter/battery.

Dan.3

Aug 27, 2018
After watching you videos, all I can say is that you have some solid brass balls! Not trying to be the safety police, but I personally would suggest beefier jack stands where you dont have to use a block. There are stories and threads where the 3 ton stands have given out under land cruisers and other full size truck with people under them.

mathewscarberry

Aug 18, 2017
I was 2 days from trading in my sequoia for a Tacoma and then I found this.
And nw I have fixed broken visor and door handle and rear hatch, I have also fixed the sun roof that was seized, I’ve redone ball joints and timing belt and water pump, doing caliper and rotors and upgrading to the larger size as I still have the small set.
I’ve changed out some leaky Axle seals, am flushed the coolant.
I have major plans on giving her some upgraded shocks and a leveling kit now, as well as many other ideas.
Thank you so much for the inspiration!
O and she has 308000 on her :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1stgenoffroad

Trent Jones

Jul 13, 2018
Charlotte, NC
Making me nervous about my install. After placing on jack stands should I leave floor jack up on one side as double safety? Or is it safer to use double jack stands on one side at a time? Or are jack stands meant to be used one on Easter h side. Really excited about the install but want to be safe as possible

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Dan.3

Aug 27, 2018
As long as you have adequate jack stands, you should be fine. Just take a tire off and leave it under the frame in case something should fail. I use harbor freight 6ton jack stands and havent had a reason to be concerned under my sequoia or 4runner. Also jack stands are rated in pairs. Two jack stands are rated for 6 tons, NOT 6 tons for each jack stand. Typically with jack stands fail, its due to not having the right stand for the application.

MtnPwnd

Dec 14, 2018
Hey Josh, I am also Josh, lol. I wondered if you had any issues with the wire nuts. I realize they are waterproof however, those are more used for electrical that is in sealed off boxes for areas with high condensation. I'm an industrial automation and controls electrician and we use those wire nuts in fish factories where there's a lot of humidity and condensation in the air. I just wondered why you didn't solder the connections and heat shrink over them. Right now as your rig sits, I imagine that if you did any real deep water crossing, you would risk shorting out your lights because those nuts aren't designed to be completely submerged in water.

By no means am I dogging on you. I love your build and I look forward to seeing more. That was just a thought that I had.