07 Ltd 4wd air suspension question

frankiev

Aug 25, 2020
I'm looking to purchsse an 07 4wd sequoia . The air suspension isn't working and basically my question is whether this is something only necessary to level the rear for towing or is it essential for the suspeneion . In other words if I'm not going to be towing do I need to repair it .

Jgrauman

Feb 18, 2019
I'm looking to purchsse an 07 4wd sequoia . The air suspension isn't working and basically my question is whether this is something only necessary to level the rear for towing or is it essential for the suspeneion . In other words if I'm not going to be towing do I need to repair it .
Yes you need to repair it, it is the rear suspension. Usually the coils leak. You can replace the bags or do a conversion. Both options here https://suncoreindustries.com/produ...ID=1035&YearID=2007&Make=TOYOTA&Model=SEQUOIA

frankiev

Aug 25, 2020
Actually the truck sits level and seems to ride fine . Could it be that bags are ok but it just won't adjust. It was flagged as a rebuilt title because of a flood in 2012 so I'm wondering if the switch might just be bad . I'm picking it up on Friday do ill know more then but any advice appreciated

Jgrauman

Feb 18, 2019
Actually the truck sits level and seems to ride fine . Could it be that bags are ok but it just won't adjust. It was flagged as a rebuilt title because of a flood in 2012 so I'm wondering if the switch might just be bad . I'm picking it up on Friday do ill know more then but any advice appreciated
The air suspension works on a sensor switch attached from frame to axle. It has 3 preset levels, low, normal, high. You can adjust manually within those settings or just select between the 3. Once you go over a certain mph, it goes back to the normal setting. When you say it doesn't work, I need more details. If the bags aren't inflated you'd know it. It would be sitting on the bump stops. If you put a load on the axle, it will auto level back to the normal level. If that isn't working then it could be the sensor that isn't working. You can find out by pressing the buttons on the middle console and see if it inflates/deflates.

frankiev

Aug 25, 2020
Thank you for the help . I'm picking the truck up Friday evening so I can really check any of that yet .all I know is he told me it wasn't working when pushing the switch .

frankiev

Aug 25, 2020
Thank you for the help . I'm picking the truck up Friday evening so I can really check any of that yet .all I know is he told me it wasn't working when pushing the switch .
As long as I'm replacing the rear suspension might as well do a lift .

frankiev

Aug 25, 2020
Is there a write up anywhete on how to replace the air suspension with shocks/springs

Jgrauman

Feb 18, 2019
Haven't seen one, but its extremely easy. Jack up the truck by the Frame letting the axle drop, disco lower shock bolt, Disco the air line at the junction on the frame. Pull the bag, there is a clip on top that will pop off if you pull hard enough, and then install the isolator and spring. Remove the fuse for the air compressor.

frankiev

Aug 25, 2020
Thanks for that. So iys just a matter of removing the bag ? Nothing to buy and install in its place?