05 sequoia transmission

Larry84

Nov 11, 2022
First post, new guy here.
I have recently purchased an 05 Toyota sequoia, SR5 four-wheel-drive. I would like to do a drain and fill on my transmission fluid Toyota dealership is telling me that this is not possible and Has to be taken into the dealership only to be able to do this procedure, I have done a good bit of research online and personal mechanic that says otherwise. I do understand this is a tricky procedure because of it being a sealed transmission but am I missing something? I understand the procedure of getting it to transmission temp mode and drain plug, overflow, plug, fill plug on the side of the transmission am I getting the runaround by my local dealership or has anybody come across, a transmission on this year sequoia that this procedure is not able to be done in my driveway. I will double confirm but I do believe the transmission type is A750F. Can I be pointed in the right direction by someone on here please.

Larry84

Nov 11, 2022
I’ll also add that. I do understand that just by doing this drain and fill it will not remove all of the fluid inside the system just by draining out of the pan. It seems that’s why some people will do multiple drain and fills to cycle old fluid out. Thanks for any help on this.