05 Introduction and Build plans

Leon M

May 2, 2018
Hi everyone. I've had my 05 SR5 for almost a year now and I've mostly been able to fight the mod urge. We got the truck so we would have something to take the kids and dogs camping and be able to get to more secluded camping spots. I haven't had a chance to get it in the dirt yet but I think that's going to change this summer. One reason I haven't been off pavement is that the tires it came with are pretty old and showing signs of "dry rot" according to the dealer. It's been fine for pavement travel but I'm not convinced they'll hold up to cacti and rocks in the AZ desert.

I'm looking forward to putting some meatier tires and better suspension on the truck. Can't wait to dig into some of the sub forums to see what people have done with their rides. I had an 03 Tacoma Prerunner back in the day with Kings and I was very happy with those, hoping King has an application for the 05. One thing that worries me is that the truck has air bag suspension and I think it's starting to act up. Anyone have experience removing that and putting in something else?

MuybqeW.jpg

Reactions: paulstoute