02 Limited Project Moby

Cassequoia

Nov 2, 2018
PNW
Purchased 10-25-18 with 209k and certainly showing her age, some neglect and completely stock as far as I can tell.

Noted Problems/To Do list.

-Exhaust Leak most likely drivers side manifold has telltale tick during cold idle and under load
-Tie rods front tire outer edges cupped along with looseness at highway speeds. sounds like im running mudders
-Back hatch lock/handle havent been able to get open yet
-Stereo jbl equipped head unit wont turn on
-Headlights 16 year originals probably kept outside cant even see through lens
- Area of frame rust driver rear from body mounting bracket back 10 inches or so on frame outer side and lower welds and probably more I havent found yet. (Biggest concern)
- Fluids Front and Rear diff and transfer case
-Paint maybe clay bar and wax. Almost seems clear coat has been worn/stripped away. Front half looks almost matte white and is kind of soft to the touch.
- Only one key and no remote single key is also not an original Toyota master but obviously a spare clone.

Good News!!!

-Timing Belt and Water Pump done 9-16 with 202k!!!
- Half decent maintenance records for 80% of its life
- I own a Toyota Sequoia!!!

Figured I would take a chance on this beast after I got sick of my 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee and thought it couldnt be more expensive, less reliable, and more finicky to work on. Cheapest example I could find from a dealer with under 300k and mediocre maintenance records, wanted to finance to help build credit in prep to purchase a house in a couple years.

Plan to build out Expedition style, sleeping storage platform, exterior lights, maybe 2inch lift and 32-33s would be nice but nothing to crazy. Glad I found this forum, coming from a Jeep I found the forums and owners support an unbelievable help . Excited to get to tinkering, will update this thread as I progress and contribute to the group as I can.

Located in the PNW Tacoma, WA if anyone is in the area or knows of any groups let me know.

Thanks,
-Sam