1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

02 Limited Project Moby

Discussion in '1Gen Sequoia Build Threads' started by Cassequoia, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Cassequoia

Cassequoia New Member

Purchased 10-25-18 with 209k and certainly showing her age, some neglect and completely stock as far as I can tell.

Noted Problems/To Do list.

-Exhaust Leak most likely drivers side manifold has telltale tick during cold idle and under load
    -Tie rods front tire outer edges cupped along with looseness at highway speeds. sounds like im running mudders
    -Back hatch lock/handle havent been able to get open yet
    -Stereo jbl equipped head unit wont turn on
    -Headlights 16 year originals probably kept outside cant even see through lens
    - Area of frame rust driver rear from body mounting bracket back 10 inches or so on frame outer side and lower welds and probably more I havent found yet. (Biggest concern)
    - Fluids Front and Rear diff and transfer case
    -Paint maybe clay bar and wax. Almost seems clear coat has been worn/stripped away. Front half looks almost matte white and is kind of soft to the touch.
    - Only one key and no remote single key is also not an original Toyota master but obviously a spare clone.

Good News!!!

-Timing Belt and Water Pump done 9-16 with 202k!!!
    - Half decent maintenance records for 80% of its life
    - I own a Toyota Sequoia!!!

Figured I would take a chance on this beast after I got sick of my 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee and thought it couldnt be more expensive, less reliable, and more finicky to work on. Cheapest example I could find from a dealer with under 300k and mediocre maintenance records, wanted to finance to help build credit in prep to purchase a house in a couple years.

Plan to build out Expedition style, sleeping storage platform, exterior lights, maybe 2inch lift and 32-33s would be nice but nothing to crazy. Glad I found this forum, coming from a Jeep I found the forums and owners support an unbelievable help . Excited to get to tinkering, will update this thread as I progress and contribute to the group as I can.

Located in the PNW Tacoma, WA if anyone is in the area or knows of any groups let me know.

Thanks,
    -Sam