What to get?...

kevin pritchett

Dec 31, 2016
Las Vegas
How long have you been running it? How often do you go off-roading?
How often do you have to clean it and can you use normal K&N air filter cleaner ?
Is it a dry filter ? I can't seem to get information from the website.

Steve

Dec 28, 2016
I have been running it for 2 years. Not an extreme off reader. Mountain driving and an occasional mud hole. I clean it every couple months. I heard they are a dry filter but I treat it just like a K&N and it hasn't failed me yet. Driven through high water on the road and it never has a problem. I had one on my GMC Denali for 3 years and never had a problem with it or with the one on my 85 4Runner before that for 5 years.

Reactions: kevin pritchett

kevin pritchett

Dec 31, 2016
Las Vegas
I have been running it for 2 years. Not an extreme off reader. Mountain driving and an occasional mud hole. I clean it every couple months. I heard they are a dry filter but I treat it just like a K&N and it hasn't failed me yet. Driven through high water on the road and it never has a problem. I had one on my GMC Denali for 3 years and never had a problem with it or with the one on my 85 4Runner before that for 5 years.
Seems like a real nice product!!
I may just have to try this one between the price and your recommendation. Food for thought at least for me.

Steve

Dec 28, 2016
Seems like a real nice product!!
I may just have to try this one between the price and your recommendation. Food for thought at least for me.

Even if you didn't like the filter, the rest of it is all good and you can get a true K&N cone filter pretty easily.

Jim Smola

Staff member
Founding Member
Dec 28, 2016
Inman SC
Looks like I'll be staying with the stock one since that pic shows that it sits exactly were my second battery sits. Thanks so much for the pics.

Steve

Dec 28, 2016
Looks like I'll be staying with the stock one since that pic shows that it sits exactly were my second battery sits. Thanks so much for the pics.

Jim you might like the actual K&N they go straight to where the air box sits instead of circling toward the fire wall. Although I'm sure you can cut the tube of the Spectre to get it into the same location. I assume your auxiliary battery sits behind your airbox.

Attachments

• k&n_fipk_57-9020.jpg
    k&n_fipk_57-9020.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: Jim Smola

kylesyoda86

Apr 5, 2017
I am in california (i know we suck) but i had to go with an old school second hand k & n before they pulled the c.a.r.b licensing so i can pass smog. I have a set of jba c.a.r.b headers ima slap on here soon but i have a custom (welded myself) 2 to 1 reducer in place of the resignatior and a muffler 3" race series tube that came off of one of the camburg racing kinetic trucks. Was trashed cause it had a baby dent and the truck was goin on display. Sounds like no other 2uz ive ever heard absolutely love it

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Jim Smola

Staff member
Founding Member
Dec 28, 2016
Inman SC
I am in california (i know we suck) but i had to go with an old school second hand k & n before they pulled the c.a.r.b licensing so i can pass smog. I have a set of jba c.a.r.b headers ima slap on here soon but i have a custom (welded myself) 2 to 1 reducer in place of the resignatior and a muffler 3" race series tube that came off of one of the camburg racing kinetic trucks. Was trashed cause it had a baby dent and the truck was goin on display. Sounds like no other 2uz ive ever heard absolutely love it

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

How did you score that? Love to see some pics. Please!! :)