What are you running? Why?

Sal R.

Very Well-Known Member
Apr 6, 2017
San Diego
I do not know how you're going to fit that big of a tire without at least a 3 inch lift and still cutting out your inner fender well . Even then your wheels have got to at least be -30millimeters or you're going to have to get wheel spacers to avoid rubbing your frame . If you are successful please post photos of how you did it. I could barely fit my 285's with what I have done to my truck, which is a lot.

It's doable, but a fair amount of work. I stuffed mine w/ just <1.25" of lift up front and OEM rear coils. There is a slight rubbing on the frame (about the size of a quarter) which was expected due to width of tire and my choice of backspacing, but, otherwise, it clears at full stuff lock to lock.

Short List:
- Cut and cap firewall
- Seam and seal firewall
- Trim fender liner
- Trim fender (~1") or extend the bump stops ~0.5".
- Relocate washer res

How much material you remove will depend on your choice of wheel. It's definitely not a bolt-on affair and not for the faint of heart. I opted to extend the bumpstops to limit the up-travel, but i'm thinking of cutting into the fender for the clearance to get that 1" of up-travel back.

Last edited:

Sal R.

Very Well-Known Member
Apr 6, 2017
San Diego
295/70r18 Cooper STT Pro.

I had great success w/ Cooper ATPs. Heard good things about the STTs.

So far, they are doing great. Not so good in hard packed snow, but has not let me down yet, especially when I get myself into stupid situations.

Cody Earl

Aug 19, 2017
Hey guys I have an 05 Sequoia 2WD running 265/70/R16 and was wondering if that is the biggest tire I can run. I have plenty of room in the fender wells and was wanting to run a taller tire. Any suggestions or info would be appreciated. Thanks.

GingerbeardCody

Jul 28, 2017
Went with 285/75/17 BFG KO’S on a 2” lift I like the way it turned out. I need wheel spacers now because they are rubbing the upper control arms if the wheels are turned all the way.2C3AF211-4A8A-4FE6-90BE-DEE82226DBB6.jpeg

Last edited:

Trideyota

Recognized Member
Dec 31, 2017
Telluride, CO
I'm running the same lift as Paul and Jim with BFG KO2 285/75/16 with 1.25 wheel spacers. I also keep my aftermarket air bags for hauling my camper. Rides Great!