VSC - 4x4 (((Blinks))) and ABS - SkidSymbol ("ON")

rod

May 9, 2018
Guys, Lights came ON early morning before going to work. VSC - 4x4 (((Blinks))) and ABS - SkidSymbol ("ON"). Engine run and can move forward and reverse. Stop the vehicle open the hood. Saw this big pile of fresh leaves on top of my battery. So I know that maybe squirrel is trying to build a nest on my sequoia. I did investigate all the wires close to it and found the passenger side front abs wire was chewed and cut. Replace it and I thought it will clear all these lights, but it did not. NEED HELP How to reset lights.
thanks...

Trideyota

Recognized Member
Dec 31, 2017
Telluride, CO
Did you check the wire harness going into abs computer? You may also need to clear the abs computer to clear the codes. I have done my before with a paperclip. Search online to find the way to do it.

rod

May 9, 2018
Tnx Mr Trideyota...Yes i did that but it came after few miles of drive. Anyway Im learning a lot from this issue. I bought an OBD2 ICARSOFT scanner - only for toyota. Scanned It, says open circuit on my left front sensor. I borrowed also scanner from my friend INNOVA which is compatible for most vehicles. Same result. The reason I used 2 scanners is to compare reports, because visual inspection of all 4 abs sensors wiring after the "squirell" eat my right sensor wire which I fixed it. Wiring look all good from sensors to the abs-module. After work today I will be checking left sensor wire and sensor.
From my research its getting more technical. Ive learned that this sensor is passive sensor. If you Ohm it will read 1000 to 2500 ohms or 5-6 M-Ohms. Thats what everybody says over the net. Also from Mr. Amazon this cost $185.87 for sensor and $86.00 for cable assy. So before going to the dealership maybe I can fix this for just buying the bad parts.

---Will update you guys if I fix this problem.

Reactions: mulze42

Trideyota

Recognized Member
Dec 31, 2017
Telluride, CO
Good Luck! I just had this issue 6 months ago. It was very frustrating.My was a bad abs computer. Bought a used one on eBay and has worked fine since

rod

May 9, 2018
Hello Sequoia Drivers, Ok I fix the Problem. All you need is a sequoia loaded with patience......Heres what I did. I j-up the front end and turn the wheels to the left so I have a better space. I disconnected the connector to the sensor. Tested the sensor and reads 5.8 mega ohms which is ok. "SENSOR IS STILL ALIVE" thank God. Next I disconnected second connector thats close to the engine. Continuity check the wires and 1 wire is open. Thats what the OBDII scanner reported "open circuit". Im so happy I found the problem. Took of wire and found out that there is a tiny bite that cut 1 wire. IMG_4156.JPG IMG_4159.JPGIMG_4155.JPGIMG_4160.JPG IMG_4161.JPG IMG_4162.JPG

Reactions: BigPermoe

rod

May 9, 2018
Thanks, Im sharing this so people will be able to narrow their trouble shooting. Hope this will help somebody out there. Till next.

Reactions: BigPermoe