THE ENDURANCE - ExpeditionBC's 2003 Sequoia

XPEDbc

Feb 22, 2017
British Columbia, Canada
www.xpedbc.com
It was about time I got organized and signed up here....

This is our Canadian 2003 Sequoia Limited which we've had for a few years now. We've nicknamed it The Endurance because it's in it for the long haul!

DSC07488_zpsakijxivy.jpg

DSC07545_zpsnle8vztb.jpg

Here she was when we purchased her used here in BC, bone stock:

bigtree001_zps36ee770e.jpg

The Sequoia is a daily driver, family hauler, weekend warrior as well as expo truck. It has 340,000 kms on the odometer and has taken us from our home base in Langley Township, BC to places such as the Arctic Circle in Alaska, and the summit of Black Bear Pass in CO (pictured above in the flex shot). Details on the modifications are listed here on the ExpeditionBC website: https://xpedbc.com/sequoia/.

Here are some favourite photos:

DSC05527_zps3bda7fa6.jpg

kakadulogo_zpsrxmbqowc.jpg

osoyoostrailer_zpskudos1kw.jpg

img]

Last edited:

Jim Smola

Staff member
Founding Member
Dec 28, 2016
Inman SC

This is our Canadian 2003 Sequoia Limited which we've had for a few years now. We've nicknamed it The Endurance because it's in it for the long haul!

DSC07488_zpsakijxivy.jpg

DSC07545_zpsnle8vztb.jpg

The Sequoia is a daily driver, family hauler, weekend warrior as well as expo truck. It has 340,000 kms on the odometer and has taken us from our home base in Langley Township, BC to places such as the Arctic Circle in Alaska, and the summit of Black Bear Pass in CO (pictured above in the flex shot). Details on the modifications are listed here on the ExpeditionBC website: https://xpedbc.com/sequoia/.

DSC05527_zps3bda7fa6.jpg

img]

Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring. Love your truck and it's history.

Reactions: mnwanders

mnwanders

Feb 9, 2017

DSC07488_zpsakijxivy.jpg

DSC07545_zpsnle8vztb.jpg

DSC05527_zps3bda7fa6.jpg

img]

Can I ask how many people are in your family? Based on the tent trailer, you must travel with a lot...there are six of us in my crew, and honestly it is tight even in the Sequoia. Just curious how you pack everything. I assume there must be storage in the trailer under the tent?

I love the internal sleeping platform too. I'd love to see more about how that was built.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 240 Jordy

XPEDbc

Feb 22, 2017
British Columbia, Canada
www.xpedbc.com
We have a family of four and growing... Often times we'll have others on board too, either kids or adults. The Kakadu Bushranger trailer allows for a bunch of storage under the canvass tent, 7x4x2 or so. The roof pod carries a bunch of stuff too while on trips. Most of our trips are 10-20 days in duration so we try not to pack too much!

The sleeping platform isn't fancy or expensive, but it works great and that's what matters. It was made with half inch plywood for the platform and supported by vertical half inch plywood pieces underneath as legs or runners. The legs are supported by basic metal L brackets and are spaced out enough to fit the width of two bananna boxes in between. We used door hinges to fold the forward portion back on itself when the middle row is upright. We bought the stuff from Home Depot for cheap..

Reactions: Jim Smola