Serpentine belt, drive pulley, idler pulley

Whocares

Recognized Member
Mar 28, 2018
Hello all,

This is regarding the 2007 vvti 2uzfe motor.
Are these the correct parts from gates?

Drive pulley 38001
Belt k060882
Idler 36026

Recently replaced timing belt and water pump (bought used with over 100k) and still getting squeaks. Figured I'd replace these 3 and go from there. Thanks.

Jgrauman

Feb 18, 2019
Mine is the same. New Toyota belt. New bearings on the 2 pulleys. My next guess is the tensioner is bad and allowing the belt to squeal since it's not holding it tight enough. Mostly squeals under throttle. Not worth the endeavor to replace the tensioner at this point since it is a large job. Will wait until the upcoming timing belt change

Reactions: SequoiaSurveyor

SequoiaSurveyor

Oct 2, 2020
Im getting a bad squeak that i think is my tentioner. I'm replacing it this weekend along with the power steering pump that seems to be going bad. Going tho throw in a new belt too.

2007 Limited

Garysb

Oct 15, 2023
I would remove the fan drive belt and check the fan bearing . it may be going bad....

SequoiaSurveyor

Oct 2, 2020
Replaced the tentioner and no more squeak/squeel, yay!. The power steering pump that I thought was going bad turned out to be my crappy tires that I replaced. I actually did not replace it because I didn't want to deal with it and I stopped having issues. The instructions talked about flushing the system and replacing the hoses and so I held off. Turns out I haven't had any issue or sense of problem since the new tires. (BF Goodrich LT265/70R17 All terrain T/A) great tires