Rear spacers?

thecanadiantuxedo

Mar 15, 2017
Hey all, I should make an intro post somewhere but I have a question for now.

What's everyone's feelings on rear lift spacers? I went up 2.5" in the front with bilstein 5100 and put the 5100 shock in the rear also. I don't really want 2.5" lift in the rear of the truck (like the OME springs give) because that will bring it back to factory rake, I much prefer the leveled look I have now (although it looks like a little reverse rake).

Anyways, I'm looking to go up about 1.5" in the rear and I don't see any springs that provide that small amount of lift. This is a really utilitarian truck, it does mild towing, mild off roading and mostly city driving so I don't want to get too crazy with everything.

Thanks!

Sal R.

Very Well-Known Member
Apr 6, 2017
San Diego
Another option is rear air bags. Depending on how much of the coil isolator you trim, can use bags to lift the rear and let the bags take some of the load.

I'm still using stock rear coils and used air bags for about 1/2" of lift @10psi at one point in my build.

thecanadiantuxedo

Mar 15, 2017
Sorry if I was a little unclear, air bags are nice, but mainly I'm looking to level my truck unloaded thinking 1.5" total rear lift. Not so much worried about sag while towing.

Mainly by raising the rear I'm looking to gain just a touch more ground clearance without going up in tire size.

Sal R.

Very Well-Known Member
Apr 6, 2017
San Diego
Sorry if I was a little unclear, air bags are nice, but mainly I'm looking to level my truck unloaded thinking 1.5" total rear lift. Not so much worried about sag while towing.

Mainly by raising the rear I'm looking to gain just a touch more ground clearance without going up in tire size.

I've used the bags to raise the rear, unloaded, ~1" before. It depends on how much of the coil isolator you cut off when installing the bags. If you leave the right amount of rubber, as you inflate the bags, it'll take the load off the springs, the bag expands, and lift the rear.