Rear Hatch Handle

DoLittleDailey

Feb 2, 2017
Well, after 13 years my rear hatch handle finally quit on me..! I found this all metal replacement on Amazon for $17 bucks. Got it installed this weekend, solid as a rock!
b4de0ad1607fa5b399bc54ec3c2d2773.jpg

TruBuilt 1 Automotive Toyota 69090-08010 Exterior ALL Metal Liftgate Handle | Replacement For: Toyota Sienna (98-03) Sequoia (01-06) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OL0F5PU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_OCb2ybKQVY661

fowldarr

Apr 26, 2018
I used the same one above on mine. No issues. I've also done two interior door handles (I ordered the wrong color, so I will end up doing it again at some point)

Reactions: jwaring66

deucemoline

Dec 29, 2017
That's the one I put on mine after it broke. Had to do two interior door handles too, cheap plastic... Fortunately they aren't hard to do.

I’ve replaced mine as well. You have to replace the cable that well. With my tailgate it has the cable that attaches to the handle that had rusted witch caused the original handle to break.

After replay both the handle and the cable I’ve had no further problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mnwanders

Feb 9, 2017
I’ve replaced mine as well. You have to replace the cable that well. With my tailgate it has the cable that attaches to the handle that had rusted witch caused the original handle to break.

After replay both the handle and the cable I’ve had no further problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you have any recommendation on where to buy the cable? I have to replace my hatch handle too, so I just ordered the one recommended above, but I imagine I should replace the cable like you suggest.

deucemoline

Dec 29, 2017
Do you have any recommendation on where to buy the cable? I have to replace my hatch handle too, so I just ordered the one recommended above, but I imagine I should replace the cable like you suggest.

I bought the parts on amazon “back lock sub assembly”

If you remove this part on your sequoia I bet that the cable locking mechanism has rusted up.

I hope this helps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dstgean

Dec 1, 2017
My daughter pointed out a passenger side door handle crack in the front door. I'll have to check on getting a replacement installed. Any sources, tips, or links that might help?

Dan

deucemoline

Dec 29, 2017
My daughter pointed out a passenger side door handle crack in the front door. I'll have to check on getting a replacement installed. Any sources, tips, or links that might help?

Dan

No that hasn’t come up with my car

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk