Maximus my 07 sequoia

Shaun

Familiar Member
Jan 10, 2017
Clackamas oregon
This is gonna be a real short thread but here goes
Had a zj jeep that I actually really loved and it preformed great as a back roads Explorer/family camping rig but is just a little to small and just cheap feeling

so after way to many test drives I ended up with this well maintained beauty

Love all the extra room , power and just way better feel of it and had every plan of leaving it stock as more of a tow rig for my cj5 and freeway flyer ( it tows better then i thought it would

but the gf got in a minor accident in the recent ice we had and so now tires , lift and bumper are on their way

So hopefully in a week or so I'll have it back from the body shop and get the new goodies put on so I can play in some more snow

Jim Smola

Staff member
Founding Member
Dec 28, 2016
Inman SC
This is gonna be a real short thread but here goes
Had a zj jeep that I actually really loved and it preformed great as a back roads Explorer/family camping rig but is just a little to small and just cheap feeling

so after way to many test drives I ended up with this well maintained beauty

Love all the extra room , power and just way better feel of it and had every plan of leaving it stock as more of a tow rig for my cj5 and freeway flyer ( it tows better then i thought it would

but the gf got in a minor accident in the recent ice we had and so now tires , lift and bumper are on their way

So hopefully in a week or so I'll have it back from the body shop and get the new goodies put on so I can play in some more snow

That is some serious snow!
So what are you doing for a front bumper?

Soy-Quoia

Familiar Member
Jan 8, 2017
Minnesota
Nice! Gotta love accident builds! <--- See pic left... I too would like to know what route you went with the bumper and how are you lifting? You guys have got some crazy snow this year in OR! Sure would have loved to taken a trip out to play in it! All of our snow in MN was ruined with heavy rain. Not as fun to plow through...

Can't wait to see the build come together.

Reactions: Jim Smola

Shaun

Familiar Member
Jan 10, 2017
Clackamas oregon
Ya the struts and shocks are fairly new so untill they start going bad spacers are fine for what I need out of the sequoia

Shaun

Familiar Member
Jan 10, 2017
Clackamas oregon
IMG_0037.JPG IMG_0025.JPG Small update , been a super busy couple weeks at work but got the front lift in and the tires on , ride is super smooth and almost silent for as aggressive as the tires are . Might shove a 1" wheel spacer on the front to get a little more clearance on the upper control arm . Ordering my bumper today and hopefully getting the rear lift on so I'm not squatting so bad

Jim Smola

Staff member
Founding Member
Dec 28, 2016
Inman SC
View attachment 312 View attachment 313 Small update , been a super busy couple weeks at work but got the front lift in and the tires on , ride is super smooth and almost silent for as aggressive as the tires are . Might shove a 1" wheel spacer on the front to get a little more clearance on the upper control arm . Ordering my bumper today and hopefully getting the rear lift on so I'm not squatting so bad

Those tires look great

Shaun

Familiar Member
Jan 10, 2017
Clackamas oregon
IMG_0119.JPG Small update
Got the rear lift in and the front inner liner trimmed out , sits nearly level with just the trailer on it . Now just waiting on my bumper , didnt realize there was a 6-8 week build time on it so I will be running around all buck toothed for a while .

Next up will be making a new rear shock mount and start planning out the rear bumper