Land Cruiser 100 series rear spring and shock guide for the Sequoia OME

Jim Smola

Staff member
Founding Member
Dec 28, 2016
Inman SC
IMG_7679.PNG So this is the official guide to the OME LC100 suspension that we use. Please ask for help with this if you need.
The 10mm will net about a 3" lift and the 40mm which is about a 4" lift.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe

cddallara

Staff member
Dec 30, 2016
I went with stock 100 springs and got 2.5". Just putting it out there.

Jim Smola

Staff member
Founding Member
Dec 28, 2016
Inman SC
I went with 2863J They are a Taller than I thought, but when Loaded, they ride great (NO SAG!). I need to make a Track bar relocation Bracket to correct the angle. I get a tad of side pull on large bumps. But love the look.

View attachment 356

Can't wait to see that new bracket. So is the track bar supposed to be level to the ground?

Jim Smola

Staff member
Founding Member
Dec 28, 2016
Inman SC
I am not sure if its Level from the factory or not, usually there is a bit of angle, But I plan to bring back to factory spec.. whatever that may be. Need to climb underneath my friends rig and measure.:)

Nice to have a stock frame of reference

SouthsideCigar

Apr 19, 2017
I went with 2863J They are a Taller than I thought, but when Loaded, they ride great (NO SAG!). I need to make a Track bar relocation Bracket to correct the angle. I get a tad of side pull on large bumps. But love the look.

View attachment 356
Scott, How much lift did you get unloaded with the 2863J? I was looking at those in the OME spring specs and those look like a good choice

Scott Jackson

Recognized Member
Jan 10, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
Scott, How much lift did you get unloaded with the 2863J? I was looking at those in the OME spring specs and those look like a good choice
About 3.5 to 4" It was pretty significant, especially since my original springs were shot, and saggy. If you do go with this spring, you will have to run shock adapters, and modify the Panhard bar mounts. It is extra work, but I would not have it any other way. My Sequoia is a BEAST and I love it! Works VERY well off road.

SouthsideCigar

Apr 19, 2017
About 3.5 to 4" It was pretty significant, especially since my original springs were shot, and saggy. If you do go with this spring, you will have to run shock adapters, and modify the Panhard bar mounts. It is extra work, but I would not have it any other way. My Sequoia is a BEAST and I love it! Works VERY well off road.

Thanks, I am toying with the idea of a Tundra 6" front lift, so I would need about 5.5" in rear. If I could get 4" then a spacer to start with would work, and maybe custom coils at some point. I currently have Toytec 2.5" coils now. I woudl defintiely have to do the track bar relocated, and probably longer upper and lower control arms as well

Scott Jackson

Recognized Member
Jan 10, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
Thanks, I am toying with the idea of a Tundra 6" front lift, so I would need about 5.5" in rear. If I could get 4" then a spacer to start with would work, and maybe custom coils at some point. I currently have Toytec 2.5" coils now. I woudl defintiely have to do the track bar relocated, and probably longer upper and lower control arms as well

With the 6" drop brackets, you could have the ability to have enough adjustment in the front Coil-overs to where this would work.. but it also may be a little much for the factory 4 link, would definitely need a complete re-engineer.

I was actually considering Tuff-country 4.5 lift,https://www.suspensionconnection.com/559003.html With this, I could either use the strut spacers, or, get some custom long coilovers, perhaps even enough to run dual rate spring setup. I am at 3.5 in the front, and it just does not handle well, Too much angle change on bumps, causing excessive bump steer. The more level you can keep your control arms, the better it will handle on/off road. Looking forward to seeing your built, not a lot of 3.5"+ Sequoias out there.:)

carlosj

Aug 14, 2017
I put 2862 springs in the rear with the 60002 shocks, and don't like the ride. The front is Bilstein 6112 on 7 out of 8 notch.

Sharp bumps on the road (like an expansion joints or bad patching job) are ok and seem most affected by tire pressure (33lb all around). But short frequency undulations/waves on the road are terrible, it feels like I'm getting kicked on the back of the neck by the seat. The compression of the shock goes down well, but it's the rebound that's really harsh. Any ideas? Could the rear be too stiff if I don't have any load there? My 3rd row is also removed.

I'm going to carry a couch this weekend and see if that makes a difference in the rear.

Scott Jackson

Recognized Member
Jan 10, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
I put 2862 springs in the rear with the 60002 shocks, and don't like the ride. The front is Bilstein 6112 on 7 out of 8 notch.

Sharp bumps on the road (like an expansion joints or bad patching job) are ok and seem most affected by tire pressure (33lb all around). But short frequency undulations/waves on the road are terrible, it feels like I'm getting kicked on the back of the neck by the seat. The compression of the shock goes down well, but it's the rebound that's really harsh. Any ideas? Could the rear be too stiff if I don't have any load there? My 3rd row is also removed.

I'm going to carry a couch this weekend and see if that makes a difference in the rear.

Depending on how tall you went, your probably experiencing Side motion from your Trackbar. I get this on mine, and its pretty bad, especially around corners at highway speeds. Track bar Frame mount needs to be relocated so track bar is back to factory angle.

GTV

Dec 5, 2018
So my 5100s just came in and looking to install this weekend. Still looking for and set of LC100 rears to have the whole thing lifted...

There's a set on Expedition Portal for sale, but for some reason this site won't let me post the link?? Just do a search for "100 series" in the parts for sale forum.