KISS Drawer System for Sequoia

mulze42

Known Member
Oct 10, 2017
Hey everybody,

I have been talking to Dave from Landshark Outfitters who is the designer of the KISS Drawers for the 100-Series. There is a really large thread over at Mud about them. Anyways I was discussing with him about the possibility of having the 1st-gen Sequoia as the next platform to have the drawers built for. Today he posted a link to vote for the next model to get the drawers and I thought I would post it here.

This goes for 2nd-gen Sequoia's too.

http://landsharkoutfitters.com/the-next-KISS-Drawers.php

jk80

Mar 29, 2017
I was searching drawer systems yesterday for design ideas to build my own. When it comes to the rear AC what accommodations are they making? I’ve seen the requirement asking if there is rear AC from other manufacturers. Anyone know what they do differently exactly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mulze42

Known Member
Oct 10, 2017
This is from the Landshark Outfitters website...

With Rear A/C
The 100 series shipped with and without Rear A/C. This required the compressor to be installed in the right rear of the back compartment, which took a bit of space.

I don't think the Sequoia has the compressor installed in the back for the rear AC. It is just the vents on the side opening by the rear doors. Is that the location you are talking about?

jk80

Mar 29, 2017
This is from the Landshark Outfitters website...

With Rear A/C
The 100 series shipped with and without Rear A/C. This required the compressor to be installed in the right rear of the back compartment, which took a bit of space.

I don't think the Sequoia has the compressor installed in the back for the rear AC. It is just the vents on the side opening by the rear doors. Is that the location you are talking about?

The rear compressor is located passenger side by the rear hatch. There’s a vented cover there. When running ac on hot days you can see condensation puddles on the ground underneath that location.

mulze42

Known Member
Oct 10, 2017
Interesting. From looking at the gallery on the webiste it didn't appear that the rear AC models had that big of a difference so as long as there is allowable air flow for the vent cover I would think it would be fine. Your thoughts?

jk80

Mar 29, 2017
That’s about it. Just wondering if there was anything to watch out for. I’m thinking just a box set up with “wings” on the sides to cover the gaps. I hope that just have the lid over it won’t cause any issues. I’ll put in a divider to make sure no gear slides over in front of the vent cover.

mulze42

Known Member
Oct 10, 2017
I can talk with Dave about this issue. If the Sequoia is chosen as the next setup it will definitely be taken into account.