Joe's 03 Sequoia

Scott Jackson

Recognized Member
Jan 10, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
Awesome info. Any chance of doing a write up for the 01-02 owners on the switch?

I have an 01 Tundra so this may help me as well.

Yes, I plan to do a write up - (Just need to find the time)
Tundra Has Part time system.. so no AWD at all, So no need on to worry about this on the Tundra. However, I would swap out those Lower Ball Joints. -(I think I may have LBJfailphobia.. lol)

Jim Smola

Staff member
Founding Member
Dec 28, 2016
Inman SC
That's Pretty! Never heard of that brand, Interested to know how it works out for you. Adding an Air locker is in my near future.
Scott I have the TJM rear locker and ARB front locker. Both work equally as great. The TJM was recommended by just differentials but only ARB was available for the front.

Jim Smola

Staff member
Founding Member
Dec 28, 2016
Inman SC
Yes, I plan to do a write up - (Just need to find the time)
Tundra Has Part time system.. so no AWD at all, So no need on to worry about this on the Tundra. However, I would swap out those Lower Ball Joints. -(I think I may have LBJfailphobia.. lol)

Yes with only 65k miles they are probably the original ball joints.

Scott Jackson

Recognized Member
Jan 10, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
Yes with only 65k miles they are probably the original ball joints.

65 k!! WOW, great find.

cott I have the TJM rear locker and ARB front locker. Both work equally as great. The TJM was recommended by just differentials but only ARB was available for the front.

I did some looking around, seem to be equal to ARB in quality from reviews, but what's the price difference? Is there a benefit other than preference in your opinion?

Last edited:
Reactions: NomadSequoia

Jim Smola

Staff member
Founding Member
Dec 28, 2016
Inman SC
65 k!! WOW, great find.

I did some looking around, seem to be equal to ARB in quality from reviews, but what's the price difference? Is there a benefit other than preference in your opinion?
Really no difference that I can tell other than switch on ARB broke after like 3rd use and TJM is a better switch. Function the same and cost the same.

Last edited: