Front Dome Light Mod

SR54WD

Nov 29, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Hi All,

I did a ridiculously useful, cheap, easy, mod the other day. I wired the front dome lights to the rears to so they turn on when the doors are unlocked, opened, etc. They are still usable are normal click-on lights when needed and the whole job is really simple. I followed a very informative DIY here: http://www.tundrasolutions.com/foru...tems/13462-2004-sequoia-front-dome-light-mod/
(Hope its ok to post a link to another forum here)

You need to use two 1 Amp diodes, some crimp wire connectors or solder, 18G wire and the basic hand tools to pull down the roof console (My configuration with the 6 sunglass holder only has 4 phillips head screws securing it).

Here is the wiring schematic from the original poster from the link above.

Super simple mod, cost me $1.50, and 30 minutes of time. Good Luck

Attachments

• How to do Dome light mod for 2004 Sequoia.pdf
    28.1 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: Sal R.

Jim Smola

Staff member
Founding Member
Dec 28, 2016
Inman SC
Hi All,

I did a ridiculously useful, cheap, easy, mod the other day. I wired the front dome lights to the rears to so they turn on when the doors are unlocked, opened, etc. They are still usable are normal click-on lights when needed and the whole job is really simple. I followed a very informative DIY here: http://www.tundrasolutions.com/foru...tems/13462-2004-sequoia-front-dome-light-mod/
(Hope its ok to post a link to another forum here)

You need to use two 1 Amp diodes, some crimp wire connectors or solder, 18G wire and the basic hand tools to pull down the roof console (My configuration with the 6 sunglass holder only has 4 phillips head screws securing it).

Here is the wiring schematic from the original poster from the link above.

Super simple mod, cost me $1.50, and 30 minutes of time. Good Luck

Great job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

desertrunner04

Dec 3, 2017
Good advice in this mod. I replaced two bulbs behind the homelink buttons today and thought I'd save the next person some time finding the correct bulb. OEM part number 90011-11038

I opened the sunglass holder, removed two screws, and gently pulled the assembly down. There are two arrowhead style clips holding the front of the assembly in place.

I'd like more overhead light in the front when opening the doors at night and converting the map lights to turn on seems like a good solution.