DCT C1360

Rhodey

Feb 25, 2017
So my 2005 SR5 is showing signs of some sort of brake malfunction. While driving the parking brakem vsc trac, and vsc off lights all illuminate simultaneously. No noticeable difference in driveability, ABS not engaging. Had codes read at my dealership and it showed C1360; VSC master pressure sensor. This is where things get a little fuzzy. I'm aware that the master cylinder assembly has two of these sensors at the bottom of the unit, but it was recommended that I replace PN 47201-0C041 which is the master cylinder assembly itself. I'm not sure if this part comes with the two sensors pre installed or if the dealership intends on replacing the master cylinder and reusing the sensors which seems like it defeats the purpose of correcting the sensor failure. Has anyone dealt with this repair personally?

thilt

Jun 5, 2017
Did you ever fix the problem?
I had the same issue with my 03 SR5. A local shop diagnosed it as bad pressure switches (both). Each switch being over $400. They replaced them both, but not the master cylinder. It fixed the problem.
I know that is not your question, but I thought I'd share my experience. I doubt that the master cylinder would come with the two switches though.

Last edited:

Rhodey

Feb 25, 2017
Did you ever fix the problem?
I had the same issue with my 03 SR5. A local shop diagnosed it as bad pressure switches (both). Each switch being over $400. They replaced them both, but not the master cylinder. It fixed the problem.
I know that is not your question, but I thought I'd share my experience. I doubt that the master cylinder would come with the two switches though.

The issue kind of resolved itself for the time being. I recently completed a full detail of the truck including the engine compartment. The battery was removed from the vehicle during engine compartment cleaning. Ever since the battery was reconnected the lights have never come back on. It's been about two months now. Coincidentally, the issue I was having with the fuel gauge prematurely reading empty has also gone away.

thilt

Jun 5, 2017
Very good.
My brake warning light problem was intermittent too for a long time. At 185k it finally became constant so I had to take it in. Hopefully yours will stay fixed forever :)
My gas gauge issue seems to have been helped by two bottles of Chevron Techron fuel system cleaner.