ARB OME and Bilstein 5100 Lift install

Soy-Quoia

Familiar Member
Jan 8, 2017
Minnesota
Initially I planned to lift by installing spacers on the front springs. However, after ordering a winch bumper and winch, I decided this was not the best route to go. I don't know how well the stock springs would handle the additional weight that was about to be added and decided to do it right. After doing some research, and talking to Wil at Sierra Expeditions, I decided to order a set of OME 2886 springs for a 4runner. I also ordered a set of Bilstein 5100 24-188265 for the fronts that are height adjustable as well but I set them up on the lowest setting. Overall lift should be somewhere around 3 inches and I'm hoping they will settle down to about 2.5 inches after some time and miles.

I ordered new Sequoia spring perches and 4runner insulators. Here they are after assembly:
IMG_4321.JPG

For the rearsI ordered Bilstein 33-187174, meant for a lifted 4runner or FJ cruiser. I have the self leveling option on the Soy. From doing some research, I should be able to gain about 1.5 inches by adjusting the sensor for the rear axle. Once again this will be a bit of an experiment but, worst case, I will design and have someone machine some spacers for under the airbags. With the additional weight of the Sequoia, the hitchgate spare tire carrier, and whatever load I'm carrying, I know they will be underdampened. Time will tell how long they last... In the future I may work with Icon to come up with a better set but these will do for now.

That's my plan for now. I will post pics of the install after it is completed, as well as before and after height comparisons.