Airbag safety recall??

XPLORx4

Jan 10, 2017
I finally got around to getting mine done a few weeks ago. I got tired of the annoying mail notices.

XPLORx4

Jan 10, 2017
I needed to have 2 recalls addressed. One for the passenger airbag and another for the side curtain airbag computer. Both repairs were completed by the dealer the same day, though I did have to leave it with them.

Jason Colman

Feb 27, 2017
West Palm Beach, FL
is this one listed? I have an 02 and I keep searching my vin and I get nothing coming back. Ive been told there should be a few. this, Lower ball joint and rusted frame recall.

Jim Smola

Staff member
Founding Member
Dec 28, 2016
Inman SC
is this one listed? I have an 02 and I keep searching my vin and I get nothing coming back. Ive been told there should be a few. this, Lower ball joint and rusted frame recall.

Mines an 03 and I get emails and stuff in the mail about the airbag

Soy-Quoia

Familiar Member
Jan 8, 2017
Minnesota
Mine was done prior to purchase. I'm curious if Nomad had an open recall on his first Sequoia. I remember his side/curtain bags not opening.

Reactions: Jim Smola

DoLittleDailey

Feb 2, 2017
I have been putting my airbag off as well... Had to take my tree in to the dealership a few days ago, had them add it to the list!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

jwaring66

Apr 3, 2017
Live in KC, play in AR
I did it a few months ago. Kept getting the mailers, I put it off for awhile. Then my wife opened one and reads "metal shrapnel could deploy with the airbag and injure occupants" :eek: I didn't have any choice after that :D

2002SEQUOIA

Apr 2, 2017
After bunch of mails I decided to call and set up a appointment. Took it in on appointment date only to be told I'm not on the system so neither reschedule or leave my suv. I decided to leave it. 4 hours later got a call to pick it up and was told that my suv was not affected by the recall. Anybody else sequoia was not affected by this recall? BTW its a 2002 sequoia.

jwaring66

Apr 3, 2017
Live in KC, play in AR
After bunch of mails I decided to call and set up a appointment. Took it in on appointment date only to be told I'm not on the system so neither reschedule or leave my suv. I decided to leave it. 4 hours later got a call to pick it up and was told that my suv was not affected by the recall. Anybody else sequoia was not affected by this recall? BTW its a 2002 sequoia.
If you got a mailing from Toyota about it, your truck was included. Not sure about that dealer... they sound lazy.

Npetric

Apr 3, 2017
I still haven't done mine either. I work at a Honda dealer and send pallets of these things back every week. I just haven't done the sequoia yet, mostly because I know how much of a pain it is at my store LOL