2004 JBL bluetooth and front speaker upgrade

m4ttj00

Sep 26, 2017
Seattle, WA
I just installed the "pure bluetooth kit" from GTA Car Kits (link). Plugs into the CD changer port on the back of the head unit. Sounds great, plus steering wheel controls work! I ran the aux jack and charge cable into the glove box and the microphone through the middle driver side vent.

The front speakers were blown so I replaced them with these 2 ohm Infinity Kappa speakers (link). Two of the screws fit in the included mounting rings so I drilled a hole in the factory speaker box to secure a 3rd mounting point with wire. Ghetto install but super impressed with the sound quality. The system sounds better than my 2014 Jetta.

Sorry for the lack of pictures. I'll take some next time I pull open my dash and doors.

Last edited:

10kmistake

Apr 13, 2017
Just came across this, did you disable the factory tweeters etc and just use these? Also, what did you use to connect? Thanks! Same issue here. Still happy with the GTA Bluetooth kit? I have been looking at those for my 2006.

m4ttj00

Sep 26, 2017
Seattle, WA
Left the facroty tweeters alone and installed the 2 ohm infinitys. The setup sounds great and bluetooth works like a charm.

JRock704

Jul 23, 2018
Did you ever get a chance to take pictures? I'm looking to a solution to the same problem and want the most plug and play fix.

JRock704

Jul 23, 2018
I should have been more specific, I was referring to the replacement speakers. I think I will eventually replace the head unit with one that has Bluetooth.